Bechin was a hamlet lying adjacent to the township of Coddington.
The tithes of this hamlet belonged to the parish of Coddington, except for a part which paid a composition to Malpas. This arrangement was the subject of a cause in the consistory court in 1566.
George Ormerod, The History of the County Palatine and City of Chester, vol. 2, p. 735 (second edition, revised and enlarged by T. Helsby, London, 1882)